BLOGospel Year End Wrap Up (A Week too Late)



Every year, just before and right after the calendar hits January 1st; major corporations, television shows, and some of your favorite restaurants all meet in secret to conspire to give you a month full of reruns, discounts on returned merchandise, reheated leftovers, and some sort of crappy year-end-review.

And I know what you’re thinking because I’m a trained psychic... “Josh, there’s no way you’re going to sell out and be like those other guys...you’ve gotta have something fresh for us this week, right?”

Well my friend, you were dead wrong.

This week and this week only I will be giving you a year end wrap up of my favorite things from 2012 through the lens of The Gospel According to Josh.
  • Youse guys. Thank you so much for being on this list. I truly enjoy writing for all twenty of you who open my emails. 
  • Speaking of which—starting this blog! I’m having a great time writing in this space and keeping up with...all twenty of you.
  • Working on my super-funky memoir also entitled The Gospel According to Josh. It’s taken all year but I’ll have it released no later than May of 2013 and I can’t wait to share it with you and even simply give it away to a few of you as well.
  • The traveling...when I actually get there. The food (my fave was a hamburger made of Hawaiian pork and Hawaiian beef topped with cheddar cheese, spicy cole slaw, and fried pig belly...defibrillator not included), the conversation, the sights, and the sounds of someplace and something new, sometimes outside of my comfort zone.
  • The work I’m able to contribute to in the arena of suicide prevention. I know I can be pretty irreverent, a little vulgar, and sometimes find poop jokes to be funnier than they really are; but to be able to help people who need it—folks who have lost someone to suicide or kids who might be contemplating it, this is serious work that has the power to change lives and I’ll keep doing it with my show or however else I can as long as it’s working. 
  • Hawaii. My first time there. Enough said.
  • Being alive and healthy. I think this is something we all might overlook a little bit but it’s something so simple yet truly profound and I am so glad to be here. Thanks for spending some of this past year with me. 
Happy (belated) New Year my friends. I hope 2013 brings you joy, peace, happiness, love, and much success. If I can help contribute to any of that for you in any way, you know where to find me.  -J

No comments:

Post a Comment