What's the Worst That Could Happen?




In our wildest dreams we calculate and wonder is what the worst thing that could happen should we pursue what it is that we want. 
  • I might fail.
  • I might fail… again. 
  • I might lose all of my money. 
  • He or she might reject my affections.
  • The casting director could hate my work and send me back to Iowa.
  • My business partner could be a thief.
  • My children might resent me.
  • I might become homeless.
  • My family might spurn me. 
All of those are scary. They’re discomforting and potentially painful. 
But these are not permanent defeats. These are things from which you can recover. 
The worst that could happen is that you never take action, that you wait till it’s too late, that you stop trying. Living out the rest of your days as a zombie may truly be the worst thing that could happen.
Reach for the stars. Tell her how you feel. Push harder than you ever thought you could. TRY. Keeping trying. Never give up. 
The best thing is not the end point but the evolution of self that happens along the way to that desired end point. The sights, sounds, and experiences along the “Journey of Trying” all combine to become the sweetest nectar from which you’ll draw life and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment