Just Because it Doesn’t Work Now Doesn’t Mean it Won’t Work Later


As I was writing my first book The Gospel According to Josh... I saved every word and paragraph that I had cut from every draft. Each time I went back through to write another draft, I would look at the document of cuts and use it as inspiration to find a better idea for a word, paragraph, or idea that I couldn’t have found previously.
It dawned on me today that I should (and will) do this with all of my work. I’ll be writing down all ideas and all “failures” or things I’ve done that didn’t work. I’ll use this document of ideas and “failures” as inspiration for something that can work now or in the future.

Life is about constant editing anyway.

Just because it doesn’t work now doesn’t mean it won’t work later.

No comments:

Post a Comment